Hello friends and happy Saturday!!
Do you know it is my one year blog-aversary?? How exciting is that??!
I remember last year well, It was a perfect time to start my blog and do something new and different! I’ve been so happy sharing my fashion ideas with you all, my random musings about movies, tv, shoes, and life in general!
Thanks so much for following and for reading my blog!
Happy one year to Hautechocolate4fashion.com!!
Here’s to many more!
Twice in one day right?? I just had to share the new logo that my sweet hubby created for my blog and IG….BEHOLD! Doesn’t that just look like me??? Baubles, fashion, and chocolate?? Does anyone have other ways to use my new logo?? I’d love to hear your ideas!
Hello Friends and Happy Tuesday!
I have lots of training (years and years) in my professional job. I’m a therapist and went to graduate school while also doing separate trainings each year since graduation to stay current with treatment best practices.
By comparison, I haven’t really had any formal training in my quest to be a blogger and fashion instagrammer (is that a word?) LOL….I’ve read other blogs and follow women on Instagram and that’s how I get an “idea” of what to do but I wouldn’t say I’m licensed 🙂
I’m learning how to “strike a pose” (seriously that reminds me of a Madonna song) with pictures I take of my clothes I model for my IG and here on the blog but I don’t really “know” what I’m doing LOL! I am getting a feel for what light I need for a good picture and noticing backgrounds and what looks good, but have no training. Here are several pictures of this morning’s outing (before I go to paid work).
First I have to think: where on the way to work can I stop to take a picture, where is the lighting good (shady but bright? summer weather is great but cloudy days make great pictures), where is a good background that is different, what background looks good with my clothes…yada yada yada….it’s ridiculous what is popping up in my head but this is my process. Sometimes I just randomly take pictures and don’t care as much as I think other people do but that’s whatever. I try not to judge myself 🙂
Enjoy my randomly taken pictures with one of my favorite pants and shirt-both from JCPenney and my favorite bag from Target (affordable fashion both).
Hello Friends!! This deserves it’s own post right?? I’m super excited to have each of you as followers on my blogging journey and thankful you take the time to read.
I think blogging might be a little like life in some ways. It takes time to accomplish big goals, like graduating college or getting your dream job. I’ve been blogging less than a year but as I try to think up at least three entries a week, I am challenged and sometimes inspired. Hopefully more times inspired LOL! I really wanted to make this work for me and be a sort of outlet (self care in some ways) for my thoughts about aging, fashion, work, women, fashion (again) and life in general.
I’m super excited to hit this milestone, although will continue to blog my way to a different age and different challenges! Thanks for reading friends!
I am so honored and excited to share I’ve been nominated by Sarah at lifewithlilred for my first Liebster Award! This is so exciting! I’ve just been happy to share my thoughts a few times a week on fashion, makeup, aging and other random things but this award is a real honor! Check out Sarah’s blog! I love reading her thoughts, reviews, and suggestions for life, you will love it as I do!
There are rules connected to this award, which are:
- Create a post in your blog about this Award and spread the news.
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you in the same post. Also let the person know your opinion about his/her own blog.
- Answer the questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- Choose at least 5 (maximum 10) bloggers whom you enjoy reading and want to nominate.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees that you nominated them. Also paste your post link in the notification so that they can follow the required steps.
Now for the fun!
My Questions from lifewithlilred:
- What is the weather like where you live? Oh my gosh, you would ask! It’s springtime in Utah, so that means one day it is 75 and the next it is snowing (in general). Today has been very windy which might mean a big storm is coming.
- Heels or flats? Heels really, I love shoes! I have so many pair!
- What is your dream job? To be an influencer in the fashion/accessory/shoe/bag industry! I think that would be fun after I retire from my present job.
- When did you realize that you enjoyed writing? I’ve never really known I enjoyed writing; I just have odd thoughts that normally I keep to myself and now I don’t, so apparently I’m a writer! 😉
- New shoes or a new purse? Shoes? This is a hard question…
- What is your favorite way to treat yoself? I love going to the movies; I love action, adventure, science fiction, drama, comedy….I’m not a super romantic chick flik gal, there has to be more to it than just romance.
- Texting or calling? Texting!
- What was the last movie you saw in theaters? Saturday night I watched “A Quiet Place” (for the third time with my oldest daughter, I love that movie!)
- What is your favorite restaurant? It depends on the mood I’m in but I have a favorite Thai (Spicy Thai) restaurant and Indian (Bombay House) Restaurant.
- . What is your order at Starbucks? I’m not a coffee drinker, so I only go when accompanying someone else and grab hot chocolate.
- What is your best friend like? She is funny, loving, supportive, and is a fashion addict like me!
In my short time of blogging, I’ve found some blogs I love; here are my Liebster nominees! Check out these bloggers!
Reverie of Roses
The Grey Divorcee
Steph-Picking the Day
Ladies, here are your list of questions:
- What is your favorite musical group or song?
- What is your favorite season?
- Baseball cap or beanie?
- Where have you gone on vacation?
- What is your favorite food?
- When did you realize you wanted to be a blogger?
- What were you like as a teenager?
- What is a fun fact about you?
- What is the last movie you saw?
- What is your favorite television series?
Thanks to Sarah lifewithlilred for nominating me! I’ve had fun creating this post; let me know what your answers would be to the questions Sarah gave me or the questions I posed, I would love to know your answers!
Happy Monday Friends!
Happy Saturday all!
I admire and follow some great body positivity women on IG. I’m a mental health/addiction therapist (CMHC) in my day job and observe many women struggling with body image and aging. I notice in the media and in general around me, a feeling of fear or dread when women speak about aging. I started a blog to bring more awareness and acceptance of aging; it might even be an enjoyable journey. I recognize that with aging, many people suffer from health problems they did not have when younger, I do too but I don’t think that means we stop living and enjoying life as it is-as we experience it. I enjoy life quite a bit through fashion.
I would like to be a kind of role model for other women my age and older, maybe even younger women that aging is a normal and enjoyable part of life. I’m heading off to “City Creek Fashion Show” (Salt Lake City) tonight, first time I’ve ever done that, by myself, and I think it’s going to be great fun! I love clothes and love trying to create an interesting outfit.
Today I’m wearing a mustard yellow, bell-double ruffle sleeve blouse from #JcPenney #SoWorthIt and these HAUTE #whowhatwear #Target pleather pants with my super fun #Target ANEWDAY (new line) leopard booties. Now all this is super trendy and quite a bit feisty which normally wouldn’t work for me at work but as I’m going out I think it’s perfect. I have worn my pleather pants before to work but toned down their “wow” with a baggy sweater or casual/baggy sweatshirt which makes it ok for work but super fun.
One day at work we (employer) had educational consultants tour our facility (residential treatment) and I was wearing one of my “louder” outfits, trying to mix some prints and bright colors. It makes me laugh to remember both of them looked at me while trying to be polite and said “you sure have some bright colors there”! I was thinking they meant I was pretty loud LOL but it was one of my favorite outfits so I didn’t take it personally. I do dress somewhat more conservative (less loud) when I know a client’s (young adults) parents are coming into town and I want to make a “mature” impression. Which brings me to another topic: my voice! You’re gonna love this-
I have a very distinctive voice, to be perfectly clear, I have a very young sounding voice. When telemarketers used to call our landline, they would ask “honey is your mommy home”? and I would honestly say, “no she’s not” LOL because I was 35! So in my work I speak with a lot of people on the phone and I have to constantly try to convince people I am mature/old (really, I do)…it’s just a real weird dichotomy…women aren’t supposed to talk about their age (stupid rule) and here I am telling people how old I am to try and make them think I am responsible because they just don’t get it from my voice or the way I dress either! It’s too funny! One of these days I will do a live video so you can hear me speak 😉
Anyway, I hope each of you takes a little risk (like I’ve been doing) in fashion, in your life, show your personality, and have some fun.